109 Maddox Ave
Amity Oregon 97101
name was the result of an amicable settlement of a local
school dispute. Amity was the name of a school, first applied
in 1849 by Ahio S. Watt, pioneer of 1848 who was the first
teacher in a log building that was built by two rival communities
that were seeking school advantages. The post office was established
July 6, 1852, with Jerome B. Walling postmaster.
area attractions include: Aviation Museum, Aquatic Center,
Turkey Rama, Outlet Mall, Historical District, Bald Peak
Maude Williams State Park, Siuslaw National Forest, Amity
Vineyards, Annual Pancake Breakfast (over 40 years), Brigittine
Amity Daffodil Festival.